Have a great idea? Share it with your colleagues at the second Nebraska Library Association College and University Section (C&U) / Kansas Library Association-College and University Libraries Section (CULS) Spring Conference, April 22, 2016, at Holiday Inn Manhattan at the Campus in Manhattan, KS.
This year's theme is: "Open Access, Open Borders: Networking with Colleagues across State Lines".
The Program Committee invites presenters to lead engaging and informative traditional presentations, poster sessions or participate in 15 minute Lightning Rounds (3 rounds in one session) on any aspect of academic librarianship which addresses the conference theme. Potential topics for exploration around which presenters might share ideas, knowledge, experience and research include (but need not be limited to) the following:
- Open-access data/collections and its value for providing context to local collections.
- Changing role of the librarian from collection development specialists to specialists who develop pathfinder guides (subject, topic) to harness the Internet's unstructured free-form information
- Re-casting the Library: Evolving Roles and Professional Identity in a technology driven world.
- The research social network: How are students utilizing it?
- Providing academic library services in an environment where faculty are increasingly teaching a curriculum that draws less and less on library resources.
- Open access projects--stories of strategies, collaboration, success and possible scenarios for the future.
We are offering:
- Traditional sessions (50 minutes)
- Lightning Rounds (15 minutes)
- Poster sessions
AND -- Opportunities to publish your presentation or poster session in our open access peer-reviewed journal, CULS Proceedings! Previous issues and additional instructions for authors are available at: http://newprairiepress.org/culsproceedings/ and this e-journal's contents are indexed within select EBSCO databases and Google Scholar.
Proposal submissions are due no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 4, 2016 . You will be notified of acceptance by March 31st. If you have indicated that you will submit a paper to CULS Proceedings, you will receive a separate notification about the guidelines and due dates for first drafts and final drafts of papers. You may submit your proposals be Google form at: